Praying in Tongues is a sign to the unbelievers. 1 Cor 14:21-22 Don't interrupt church w/it unless you have an interpreter. 1 Cor 14:27-28 Know that many people think that it is an earthly language, but it is a Heavenly Language that some may HEAR in THEIR language. Acts 2:4-8 Don't let anyone convince you that it is not for today! Praying in the Spirit is a humbling experience because you are trusting the Holy Spirit to add meaning to the utterance. I encourage you to pray all the time! Praying in a whisper all day! It is a GIFT from the Almighty!! Hallelujah!! Do not hide it! Don't take it for granted! Congratulations! I pray you are bold for Christ, in Jesus' name, Amen!
This is the site that I read the night the Lord gave me utterance.
SPEAK IN TONGUES by Dr. Hobart Freeman
24/7 Prayer Room: http://www.ihopkc.org/prayerroom/
The name of the app for 24/7 prayer/worship: IHOPKC
#1 Get Saved (ask Jesus into your heart) Romans 10:9-10
#2 Get Water Baptized
#3 Get Baptized in the Holy Spirit... & receive the evidence of speaking in tongues according to Acts (example: "Father, on the authority of your promise, I ask for, & by faith receive the baptism in the Holy Spirit--in Jesus' Name, Amen.")
1 Corinthians 14:21-25
21In the Law it is written, “BY MEN OF STRANGE TONGUES AND BY THE LIPS OF STRANGERS I WILL SPEAK TO THIS PEOPLE, AND EVEN SO THEY WILL NOT LISTEN TO ME,” says the Lord. 22So then tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers; but prophecy is for a sign, not to unbelievers but to those who believe. 23Therefore if the whole church assembles together and all speak in tongues, and ungifted men or unbelievers enter, will they not say that you are mad? 24But if all prophesy, and an unbeliever or an ungifted man enters, he is convicted by all, he is called to account by all; 25the secrets of his heart are disclosed; and so he will fall on his face and worship God, declaring that God is certainly among you.
--- 4 Types of Speaking in Tongues ---
1) Tongues as a Sign to Unbelievers (no interpreter) 1 Corinthians 14:22, Acts 2:1-18
- Language is unknown to the speaker but known to the hearer
2) Tongues for Personal Prayer Language (private use) 1 Corinthians 14:4
- Language is unknown to the speaker and unknown to the hearer, but the speaker can pray for private interpretation 1 Corinthians 14:13-15. Edifies the speaker's spirit without interpretation. With private interpretation this gift also edifies one's understanding.
3) Ministerial Tongues (with Interpretation, public use) 1 Corinthians 14:5
- Language is unknown to the Speaker and Unknown to the hearer, but interpretation is given to the speaker or another standing by so that all that hear (understand) and be edified.
4) Tongues for Deep Intercessional groaning that words cannot express Romans 8:26
- Language is unknown to the speaker and unknown to the hearer. When this type of tongues comes upon a person it comes with tremendous power to bring breakthrough or spiritual birthing of things. Galatians 4:19
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.
PLEASE LIKE & SUBSCRIBE :D DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT & CLICK ON THE BELL TO GET NOTIFIED OF FUTURE POSTS.
Much Love in Christ