Series playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPo00Kvl9Ha06TAnU30_7SbSePahbHPgI&playnext=1
In Path of Exile 2.4 Atlas of Worlds / Essence League I'll be playing Tukohama's Totemancer, a Chieftain Marauder who uses Ancestral Bond to get two totems, Tukohama's Herald to make them fire immune and cause fire reflection damage on hit, and taunt on hit. For damage we'll use Righteous Fire on a Spell Totem, we'll use Empire's Grasp gloves to turn Shockwave Totem into a monster magnet, and of course we have Searing Bond as a burning cherry on top!
Useful gems to pick up while leveling:
- Flame Totem (level 4)
- Decoy Totem (level 4)
- Ancestral Protector (level 4)
- Spell Totem Support (level 8) + Righteous Fire (level 16), best after Cruel Izaro (fire immune totems)
- Added Fire Damage Support (level 8)
- Leap Slam (level 10)
- Searing Bond Totem (level 12)
- Flammability (level 24)
- Determination (level 24)
- Ancestral Warchief (level 28)
- Shockwave Totem (level 28) replaces Decoy Totem as active AoE skill once we have Empire's Grasp gloves at level 53
- Increased Burning Damage (level 31)
- Summon Flame Golem (level 34)
- Cast when Damage Taken (level 38) + Immortal Call (level 34) + Increase Duration Support (level 31)
- Increased Area of Effect Support (level 38)
Can't buy as Marauder, so trade for them:
- Flame Dash (level 10)
- Elemental Focus Support (level 18)
- Faster Casting Support (level 18)
- Minion and Totem Elemental Damage Resistance Support (level 31)
- Rapid Decay (level 31)
Gems you can't use right away (RF, Shockwave): put them in a weapon on switch to level them while playing.
- 3-4L: Searing Bond + Elemental Focus + Increased Burning + Rapid Decay
- 4-5L: Righteous Fire + Spell Totem Support + Increased Area of Effect + Elemental Focus + Increased Burning
- Empire's Grasp gloves: Shockwave Totem + Increased Area of Effect + Faster Casting Support + Added Fire Damage Support
- Cast when Damage Taken Support + Immortal Call + Increased Duration Support
- Summon Flame Golem
This leaves room for utility skills such as Flammability curse. You can Curse on Hit it on Shockwave, instead of the faster casting and added fire damage. With Determination taking 50% of mana, I caution against Blasphemy... you won't have enough mana left to cast totems. Enduring Cry will mess with your totem's taunting, so doesn't seem useful.
Chieftain: Arohongui, Tukohama, Tawhoa, Ngamahu
- Ancestral Bond: http://poeurl.com/KeN
- Totem damage: http://poeurl.com/KeP
- End of Normal: http://poeurl.com/KeR
- Before re-pathing: http://poeurl.com/KeS
- End of Cruel: http://poeurl.com/KeU
- Level 80: http://poeurl.com/KeX
- Level 96: http://poeurl.com/Ke3
*Rare Items & Crafting*
Your gear will mostly be defensive. Go for armour and lots of life, then max resists (don't forget chaos!). Some armour might be easier for socket colours to use armour/ES base.
Boost fire and elemental damage with your weapon. A sceptre gives up to 40% elemental damage as implicit, which helps a lot. You will need 100+ intelligence for your blue gems, and it's hard to get it all from the skill tree, so get some from your amulet and other gear. If you want Rapid Decay and/or a Stone Golem, you need dexterity. If not, you can ignore it.
Empire's Grasp gloves turn knockback into a pull. Doryani's Catalyst is pretty good for elemental damage. Geofri's Crest is good for resists and +1 skills.
Normal oak for the health, after that kill them all for the skillpoint.
Path of Exile is an online Action RPG set in the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast. It is designed around deep character customisation, a strong online item economy and ladder races. The game is completely free and will never be "pay to win".
- Game site: https://www.pathofexile.com/
- Atlas of Worlds: https://www.pathofexile.com/atlasofworlds
- 2.4.0 Patchnotes: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1716228
- My loot filter: https://gist.github.com/Narnach/79e57e9846851e69eb01
- My PoE profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/narnach
- YouTube: https://youtube.com/narnach
- Twitch.tv: https://twitch.tv/narnach
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/narnach
- Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/narnach?sub_confirmation=1
I record Let's Play video game series about Action RPGs and strategy games. I love simulation and programming games as well, though they play a smaller part on my channel. I'm an analytical player, so my playthrough will be filled with English commentary analyzing the game, comparing and contrasting it with others, and trying to understand the mechanics behind the game. If you are a developer, feel free to reach out if you want me to look at your game!