It's our first time in South America! We traveled from Mexico to Peru, and Lima completely took us by surprise.
►Get your Tangerine Travels swag! https://tangerinetravels.com/
In today’s travel vlog, we fly from Cancun, Mexico to Lima, Peru. After taking an Uber to our Airbnb in the heart of Miraflores, our exhaustion from a long travel day caught up with us. Despite wanting to get out and explore Lima, we had to sleep for practically an entire day. That wasn't ideal, but we decided it was better to be refreshed for our week in Lima. After all, we're making our first ever Lima vlog!
A Lima, Peru travel vlog wouldn’t be complete without the neighborhoods of Miraflores and Barranco, so on our first real day in the city, we decided to let a professional cyclist (a Lima local) guide us around on a bike tour of the city.
Miraflores is the most popular neighborhood for travelers visiting Lima. It sits right next to the coast with cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Barranco is Miraflores' colorful, bohemian neighbor, filled with murals, art, and historic architecture.
At first, we were worried the food in Lima wasn't as special as people had led us to believe. The first restaurant we tried, Buena Vista Cafe, was quite underwhelming (not typical food from Peru, though). We soon realized that authentic Peruvian foods like causa, ceviche, anticuchos, cancha, and picarones, are DELICIOUS. The more Peruvian food we tried, the more our mouths were watering for it!
Before our travels to Lima, we weren’t the biggest fans of ceviche but after tasting Peruvian ceviche, it’s now one of our favorite foods on the planet!
Come along with us as we explore the food scene in Lima and visit some popular attractions throughout the city!
------OUR LIMA RECOMMENDATIONS------
WHERE TO EAT IN LIMA, PERU
1. Mangos Restaurant (Peruvian Food, Located in Larcomar)
2. La 73 Restaurant (Peruvian Food, Located in Barranco)
3. Makoto (Japanese Food, Located in Miraflores)
4. Muya (Peruvian Food, Located in Barranco)
5. Panchita (Peruvian Food, Located in Miraflores)
6. Peru Gourmet (Peruvian Food, Located in Historic Center)
WHAT TO DO IN LIMA, PERU
1. Take a bike tour. We found one on Airbnb and felt like it was the perfect way to get ourselves more comfortable with Lima.
2. Visit Parque del Amor. This park is in the Miraflores neighborhood on the malecon. It's a great place to take some pictures and watch the sunset.
3. Explore the Miraflores and Barranco neighborhoods. There are so many things to see, do, and eat in each of these zones in Lima. They are also considered some of the safest parts of the city.
4. Watch the changing of the guards. Every day at 12:00pm, you can see this fantastic ceremony at the Presidential Palace (Palacio de Gobierno) in the historic center. We recommend going early (the concert portion starts at 11:30am) to get a front-row seat.
5. Browse Peruvian arts and crafts at Inca Market. There are a few of these markets to choose from. They all contain thousands of local artesanías (handicrafts) such as blankets, colorful decor, stuffed animal llamas/alpacas, and so much more. You can walk around there for hours!
6. Stroll down the coast. In Miraflores, the malecon runs along the coast for miles. There is a walking/bike path through the entire thing and also benches, workout equipment, dog parks, playgrounds, and tons more to see and do.
7. Visit the 3rd most popular attraction in Peru, Larcomar. This oceanside shopping mall has dozens of shops, restaurants, and cafes.
8. Visit the Pre-Inca Ruins. If you enjoy learning about ancient civilizations and their impressive history this is a must-see.
A HUGE THANK YOU to our Muy, Muy Mandarinas and Executive Tangerineys on Patreon!
Josie & Steve
►Learn Spanish like us! http://www.rocketlanguages.com/spanish/premium/?aff=tangerinet&type=freetrial
►New to Airbnb? Save $40 when you sign up with our link. We'll get a $20 credit.
►Our camera gear and travel essentials: https://www.amazon.com/shop/tangerinetravels
BUSINESSES & BRANDS: Want to work with us?
Want MORE Tangerine Travels!?
►OUR APPAREL STORE: https://www.tangerinetravels.com
►PAYPAL: https://www.paypal.me/tangerinetravels ([email protected]
►STEEMIT BLOG: https://steemit.com/@tangerinetravels
We ONLY include affiliate links for products we use, love, and trust. If you make a purchase after clicking on our links, we may earn a commission which helps us continue our travels and produce more videos.
#TangerineTravels #Lima #Peru